22 – Al Capone’s Valentine’s Day Massacre

February 13, 2017

On Feb. 14th, 1929, seven men were found dead in a North Side Chicago garage. The scene was grisly – each man had been shot anywhere from nine to fifteen times, mowed down with shotguns and Thompson “Tommy Gun” sub-machine guns. Who were they? Why did it happen? What did Al Capone have to do with it? Learn about the history of organized crime in Chicago and so much more in this underworld edition of Timesuck!

Al “Scarface” Capone

“Big Jim” Colosimo

George “Bugs” Moran

Johnny Torrio (Center)

Michael McDonald

St. Valentine’s Massacre Crime Scene

St. Valentine’s Massacre Crime Scene

Raising Lake Street in Chicago

Thompson Sub-Machine Gun

1. Ariana says:

My friends and I like listening to your podcast (but especially me. I’m the Dan Cummins founder and passer-arounder) in classes and during lunch time. It’s so cool to get more content from you since your other works of standup always satisfied my emptiness before. I appreciate ya, Dan. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much Ariana! What a nice message. And thanks for being my passer-arounder! You and other passer-arounders are growing this podcast. I appreciate you too. Hope you continue to enjoy the podcast!

2. David says:

Great job on the podcast, came over from your pandora channel and have finally caught up to the new episodes. I don’t know if you’re familiar with the Fermi Paradox but I think it would be a great topic, it deals with the idea of aliens, civilizations, and what could lead to the death of humanity. Keep the episodes rolling and I keep listening.

3. Pete Sciarrino says:

Fuck yes!! Love the mafia style episode! Great episode, keep them coming Dan.

Thank you Pete! Will do.

4. Jeremy Sprague says:

Dan, I’ve been a fan of your stand up for years. I’m new to whole podcast thing and you’re getting me hooked. Thanks for keeping me company on my daily commute,. I’ll keep listening, you keep posting.
    Jeremy

Sounds like a good deal Jeremy! So glad you found and enjoy the podcast.

5. Jon S. says:

Awesome work with these podcasts. very well put together and interesting subject matter. Look forward to seeing the show develop and get more interesting insight on such a strange array of topics.
    Also, big fan of your stand-up – been listening to it for years. Saw your show in Plano and it was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. As a huge fan of stand up, I have been to tons of shows and met a lot of comedians. Gotta say, Dan was probably the nicest and most grateful comedian I have encountered when I said hi and bought his wares after the show. Go see him live. Keep up the good work.

I really appreciate the message Jon. You’re too kind! So glad you enjoy the podcast and love you made it out to a show. Thank you!