27 – ISIS, Syria, and Islam

March 20, 2017

Yup. ISIS. We’re talking about them Timesuckers! A brief explanation of Islam, what’s going on in Syria, and how President Assad may be even worse than ISIS (and they’re pretty bad). An intense, controversial, and entertaining edition of Timesuck!

Sunni Muslims

Aleppo in ruins

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad

Syrian refugees

ISIS in Syria

Kobani, Syria in ruins

Recent map of Syrian civil war

Shiite Muslims in prayer

Sufi muslims

1. chris says:

Dan, when are you gonna have podcast merch??? I can’t wait to buy some!!

Done! First t-shirt is now for sale. The store is open! Thank you.

2. Pete Sciarrino says:

Great episode today Dan. I’m glad to hear you talking about Assad and how horribly the refugees have it right now. People are so blinded here in the west and it’s good to hear more people talking about it. Here is an interesting video that I found a while ago talking about our part and other superpowers involved in the war over seas.

Thanks Pete! Really glad you liked it. Fascinating stuff. I could’ve kept researching for months on that one. Thanks for posting the video link! Keep on sucking.

3. chris glover says:

Loved todays show really changed my view on the whole thing and now i get a clearer picture of whats going on over there. Keep em comin :D. P.s turns out shaq is a flat earther too because of an audio clip that came out.

Thanks Chris! I appreciate the feedback. And yeah, Shaq believes the nonsense too. WTF?

4. Compton says:

God damnit dan

First off, I love the show and thought this one did well to put some redneck dipshits to get pretty upset. I live in Springfield Missouri and I know that most the people here are close minded and dumb as shit who definitely hump on trump and look very narrow minded at the Muslim and Islam situation so thank you for making this so I can let some people listen and learn a little bit. Keep on going with this and one thing you could look into is the conspiracy theory about the Springfield underground and other underground tunnels which I’m pretty sure is related to the illuminati, even the lizard maybe too haha

Haha. Thank you. And thanks for the topic tip about the Springfield Underground. I’ll put that on the list. Damn space lizards! Keep on sucking.

5. Andy Davin says:

Love the suck man!!!!! Really brightens my day in dreary northwest pa.

Thank you so much Andy! It gets pretty dreary in Northern Idaho as well. I get it!

6. Mike Aldrich says:

I’ve commented on other episodes a few times in the past but this one was by far my favorite. I think the message and takeaways you had from your research is so critical and essential for the American population to hear. To stereotype one whole group as evil based on the acts of a few is incredibly ignorant, and unfortunately that is what far too many Americans do. We will look back on this time that we refused refugees and it will be compared to those countries that did not accept Jews who were fleeing from Nazi Germany. I agree that turning our backs on people in need based off prejudice and racism will only lead to more harm for the world as a whole. Love this shit man. You’re the tits and this podcast is the shit. Keep on keeping on.