40 – Doomsday Drama! Nostradamus & Apocalypse Prophets

June 19, 2017

Did Nostradamus predict a series of major world events that would occur hundreds of years after his death? Did he know when the world would end? Or is it all just a bunch of ridiculous nonsense? Find out who Nostradamus was, what he predicted, what I think of those predictions and learn a little about what most doomsday predictions are based on and how many times doomsday prophets have been wrong the past few millennia in this apocalyptic edition of Timesuck!

This episode of Timesuck is brought to you be Audible! Start a 30-day trial and get your first Audible book for free by visiting www.Audible.com/TIMESUCK

Nostradamus thinking about some dark shit

Nostradamus thinking about lunch.

Medieval doctor gathering some poop to stare at.

Jesus waging war with a lot of very white horses.

Dungeons and Dragons monsters waiting to eat Jesus’ horses.

Classic Alexander Backman photo!

1. Bri says:

What makes it bad with fundamentalists/zealots (Christian and Muslim come to mind) is that the belief of end of days has far reaching effects. How many decisions were motivated by the belief that by enacting violence they will help usher in the arrival of their savior.

The other aspect of this is that if the believe the world is going to end, then there no need to worry about global warming, mass extinction of animals, recycling, etc.

2. Hey I’m a long time listener starting with the dark web all the way too the present, also sucking love your stand up and one day heard your message on pandora then just fell in sucking love with it I feel so more knowledgeable about thinks that has always been enjoyable to me so keep sucking on and may the lord of suck always be with you

3. Rickey-Alan Girouard says:

hey its the new podcast episode isnt on google play makes me a sad sucker

4. Alecsomethin says:

oooh nooooo…..weep….weeeeeeep………weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Suck on good sir, love the podcast/comedy

5. Travis says:

Dear Lord and Master of Suck, my interest in this Podcast was peaked one day when on Pandora I heard you mention about doing a Jeffrey Dahmer episode. Admitingly it took me a while, but I eventually came over and started listening and I’m glad I did. I’ve now listened to Time Suck while at work for 2 days in a row, and although I haven’t listened to your Pablo Escobar episode yet, seeing that made me think of another person it would be interesting for you to do a Time Suck on Griselda Blanco Restrepo also known as La Madrina, the Black Widow, the Cocaine Godmother and the Queen of Narco-Trafficking. She is most definitely one fucked up individual and in deserve of a good Sucking. Also a Time Suck about Black Eyed Kids would be interesting to hear. Anyway love the podcast and the stand up, keep on sucking Suck God keep on sucking.
    P.S. LASER ROCKET!

6. Raymond Enz says:

Great Suck God you should do the zodiac killer

7. JP says:

Clearly the Mayans didn’t read Revelations to see how the world ends. 🙂

1. TSarantopulos says:

If you haven’t read “Phoenix Rising” by Mary Summer Rain. I read it in 1987 and HOLY SHIT, everything foretold in that book is happening NOW! Cool thing there is a happy ending. Can’t vouch for the writing style of the author, feels somewhat new age, but a blind Hopi Indian woman really nailed it with what she was seeing in her visions and what is currently happening now.

8. CB says:

Love your podcast! I’ve been waiting on your 9-11 conspiracy theory podcast! Keep on sucking Dan.