42 – Martin Luther King, Jr.: Life, Legacy and Assassination Conspiracy

July 03, 2017

How much do you really know about Martin Luther King, Jr.? Did you know he was so committed to nonviolence that he refused to even defend himself from a white supremacist that once attacked him on stage? That he urged angry neighbors to stay calm after someone bombed HIS house? Did you know a government investigative committee determined that his assassination was likely a part of a conspiracy? A verdict a civil court also later confirmed. Find out all this and more in the longest, deepest  Timesuck yet!

Today’s Timesuck is brought to you by Dollar Shave Club. Go to www.dollarshaveclub.com/timesuck today and get their badass Executive razor handle, four stainless steel, six blade cartridges and a tube of Dr. Carver’s Shave Butter sent to your door for only 5 bucks! Best razor you’ll ever use Timesuckers!

Izola Curry – aggressive letter opener wielder

MLK, Jr.  trying not to sneeze

James Early Ray – part of a conspiracy or lone killer?

MLK, Jr.  and Coretta

MLK, Jr. and his family

MLK, Jr. after his “I Have a Dream” speech in D.C.

1. Ben says:

Fun fact, the state of Pennsylvania doesn’t have a ticket for exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph, it starts at 6 mph. Also, I believe you are pronouncing Miguel’s name wrong.

2. JP says:

I love that your fan, Jessica Sharp, asked you not to use pussy as a way to describe a weaker person because it’s a reference to female genitalia, but in the same sentence says it’s a dick move (male genitalia) to describe someone.
    That’s some funny suck.

1. Brittney says:

Agreed, quite ironic. Its just words master sucker, you’ve already said your podcast isn’t for the weak of heart, don’t censor yourself.

2. Nicholas Brewer Davis says:

I was about to make a similar comment myself so glad to see someone else was thinking something similar to what I was

3. Nicholas Brewer Davis says:

I live in a place where it is illegal to walk with ice cream in your back pocket but it’s also illegal to chop the head off of a giraffe and if you’re wondering what kind of batshit crazy place I live in its Alabama

1. Kasey Frank says:

I’ve read the one about ice cream in your back pocket. It originated because people would do that to lure horses away toi steal them. Ridiculous!

4. Kasey Frank says:

Alex Trebek needs his own pronunciation website…he is always over enunciating. But I’d rather hear some mispronounced words than listen to his kind of pretentiousness.