BONUS EPISODE 3

BONUS 3 – Hitler’s Third Reich: How Did It Happen?

March 10, 2017

How did Hitler and his Nazi Party ever gain political power in 1930s Germany? Why didn’t the German people revolt? Why didn’t America or any other countries intervene? How did the Jewish persecution begin? The foundation for Hitler and WWII examined and explained on this bonus episode of Timesuck!

King Charlemagne’s Empire

President Paul von Hindenburg and Hitler

Hitler

King Charlemagne

Medieval Drawing of Jewish People Being Killed

Nazi Antisemitic Propaganda

Nazi Stormtroopers

Nazi SS Troops

1. Matt says:

Loved the insightful information about Nazi Germany, but I’m afraid that you’re sorely mistaken if you think the media isn’t horribly dysfunctional right now (to put it lightly). The recent debacle with PewDiePie is only one example, and I’d advise you to look into the dishonesty of the media further if you’re interested. It’s pretty sad that more people trust Trump than the media.

Hi Matt,
      I do think the media is terrible right now, but it’s not 1930s Germany terrible. It was a whole other level of nightmare back then. It really was. Resisters couldn’t hop on the web and find more legitimate sources. Propaganda was quite literally the only thing they could access.

2. Brian Clark says:

I had an hour a 5 minute drive to a meeting today for work, I was excited to listen to this when I woke up, come to find out the bonus episode wasn’t up until I got to the meeting.
    So yeah, I was the guy quietly giggling in the back of the 2 hour safety meeting listening to timesuck, Got my first write up, but totally worth it!!!
    Thanks dan for your addicting podcast!! Haha

1. Jason Allen says:

Gross display of pure awesomeness and sucking. Thanks again for what you do. Keep it up. Come to Kansas city and I’d love to catch a live show.

Thank you Jason! Really glad you like the show. I’m sure I will get back to KC at some point.

Haha! I love it! Work can wait. So glad you enjoy the podcast Brian. Thank you!

3. Chris says:

Man what a great timesuck episode I got sucked in thanks to your pandora ad I’ve listened to every episode now Monday is my favorite day keep up the good work #makeamericasuckagain

Haha! Love the Hashtag. #keeponsucking

Dan; you gave wonderful suck as always…thank you, I needed that (we all did)! I have another fancy pants word for you to work into the next podcast:

Erudite: (adjective) Characterized by great knowledge; learned or scholarly.

To your Star Wars question (how much more was this like Nazi Germany); Lucas intended for a great bit of the original trilogy to be heavily inspired by the trappings of that time of real history:

* Han Solo’s/StormTrooper rifle is directly modeled after the Sterling MK-4 Rifle used in both World Wars
    * The Empire’s logo is, allegedly, an adulterated/stolen emblem of a religious group in the fictional mythos
    * The power relationship in the Galactic Empire between Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader is similar to that between Adolf Hitler and Reichsf├╝hrer SS Heinrich Himmler.
    * The overall look, specifically, of Darth Vader (and later Super StormTroopers in the Dark Forces PC Game series) was intended to directly resemble the look of the Schutzstaffel.

6. Mary Zellner says:

Thank You Dan for the very nice shout out. You made my day! Looking forward to seeing your show this Friday in Dallas! Keep up the fantastic work!

7. Jarrett ebert says:

Your v-day was actually known as VE-day for victory in Europe same with VJ-day for the victory in Japan

Oh cool. Hadn’t heard that! Thanks for keeping my informed Jarret. Have a great week!