BONUS EP 7

BONUS 7 – Vlad Dracula!

July 14, 2017

How do you become the real life basis for the most famous monster of our time? By being one of the most sadistic and terrifying figures who ever lived. Vlad impaled, disemboweled, boiled, burned, hacked, tortured, and beheaded his way in world wide notoriety, his name still recognizable over 500 years after his death. Forget medieval – we go full-evil – on the darkest edition of Timesuck yet.

Like the new logo? Hire Timesucker Anduin Vaid for all your graphic design needs. Hit him up at anduin.g.vaid@gmail.com  He’s incredible! (And he’s a Timesucker)

Live in or near Ft. Collins, Colorado? Head over to Maxline Brewing, Tuesday, July 18th, for a FREE Timesuck Trivia night starting at 7PM! Meet other Timesuckers, drink some great beer, and win some cool prizes! http://www.maxlinebrewing.com/

Count Duckula

Lily Munster Pinup

Elvira Pinup

Bela Lugosi’s Dracula

Bram Stoker’s Dracula, First Printing

Vlad “the Impaler” Dracula, Prince of Walachia

1499 German Wood Carving of Vlad

1. Jen says:

My Friday just instantly got better thanks to this bonus episode. Thanks Dan for continuously filling our minds with super suckage!

1. Jen says:

While my earlier comment of the podcast being the highlight of my day remains true- Man, after listening to the Super Scary Stuff section, I think that I’ll be skipping dinner tonight….

2. bkrisanda says:

is anyone else waiting to see if the fact that impaler is spelled imapler intentionally?

1. bkrisanda says:

intentional*

3. FABO HILL says:

Dude check out the countess elizibeth bathory. Aka countess dracula 😐

4. bkrisanda says:

HUN-DAY is the pronunciation.

5. Jen says:

6. JP says:

fuuuuuuck!!!!

7. Dornell Hurd says:

Jesus tap dancing Christ!!!

8. Lexy Echevarria-Griffith says:

It was also said that while he was dining with a guess the guess complained about the smell of the bodies and Vlad had his nose cut off. Vlad was also known for dipping his bread in the blood of his victims, on one story said he took a family’s children then to invite the parents to dinner and then feed the children to the parents. Now I’m not a historian but these are things I’ve heard in different documentaries.

9. CB says:

Some suggestions: 9/11, KKK, D.B. Cooper hijackjng. Love the podcast Dan!

10. Anthony says:

Regarding your Idiots Of The Internet segment: FYI, kike is a slur against Jews, not Germans. It warms my heart a bit that you apparently didn’t know this.

Love the suck. Keep it up!

11. Matt says:

A popular superstition was to get rid of nail clippings for fear of them being used in potions and spells against the owner… hmm, gross.

12. Edmundo says:

Holy crap! keeps surprising me how dark we are as a race!… anyway amazing job as always grand master sucker!.. you’ve given me a reason to enjoy working on mondays! keep up the amazing job! greetings from spain!

13. Edmundo says:

good god! another reason to be grateful for being born in this era… couldn’t last a second in medieval times… Amazing job as always grand master sucker! definitely the best way to keep in touch with your material.. without waiting for you to have a strawberry smoothy craving… Greetings from Spain

14. Brian says:

Crazy episode, definitely an evil dude, and I’m definitely glad to be existing in a year that doesn’t start with 14xx. Also, is it just me but I don’t see the amazon timesuck button anywhere?

Keep up the suck Dan!

15. Marc says:

I’m Serb. I was told by my Serb grandfather that the wooden stake myth comes from a Serb practice of staking someone suspected of becoming a vampire through the heart or midsection to “pin” them down to the earth for eternity – so they don’t leave their coffin. It is a real practice. And it comes from a scientific oddity that there is a genetic disorder prevelant in that region where some people do not get rigamortis and are also prone to cadaveric spasms.